Saturday, August 16, 2014

THE WHO AND THE WHY

In his wonderful and sui generis (legalese for unlike anything else) blog Hercules and the Umpire, Judge Richard Kopf, who is a Federal District Judge for the District of Nebraska wrote about an exchange he had with a law student that led to him starting his blog:

"If I were to write my own blog, it would have something to do with what it means to be a federal trial judge on a day to day basis. I am not sure however, that I want to reveal that much about myself." 

So, after contemplating writing my own blog on "what it means to be a criminal defense trial lawyer on a day to day basis in South Florida", I had to also decide whether I wanted to reveal that much about myself, my life, and my practice. After a wonderful vacation week in North Carolina, this blog is the answer to that question. 

I admit that the social media-SEO experts and the like who have helped us design and implement our law firm's new website: Woodward and Reizenstein PA had some influence about creating this separate blog. Some mumbo-jumbo about Google Web-crawlers and the establishment of an authentic presence on the web.  So be it. 

But I plan for this blog to be more. 

The number one question criminal defense attorneys get at parties, from friends and family members, really anywhere we go is: "How can you represent those people."

One goal of this blog will be, while maintaining strict client confidentiality, to answer that question. 

Shameless plug: For now, the tantalizing answer (I hope) to that question can be found in our firm's motto on our website (another plug):

"When Bad Things Happen To Good People....We Can Help."


No comments:

Post a Comment